“Being eclectic, being pragmatic. From the industrial product to the limited series.
Research and sensitivity to define new interpretations.”
Manuela Busetti and Andrea Garuti meet while studying Industrial Design at the Istituto Europeo di Design in Milan. Already during the academic years, they face together the designing challenge and in 2004, the year of the “XX Premio Compasso d’Oro ADI”, they receive the selection “Progetto Giovane” for their degree thesis project “Double”, an innovative cooler bag made of neoprene.
Since 2004, they start individual collaborations with different studios of Product and Advanced Design in Milan and, at the same time, they undertake together the business of freelance designing for international competitions and for manufacturing companies of different sectors, tableware, bathroom fittings, sanitaryware, furniture, etc…
In 2008, they are both selected for the experimental project “Prime Cup 01” promoted by the Regione Lombardia and Triennale di Milano to improve the level of innovation of selected SMEs of Lombardy.
The projects are exhibited and shown to the public in the Agora theater, at Triennale di Milano.
Matteo Redaelli graduates in 2007 at the Istituto Europeo di Design in Milan as Industrial Designer.
In the same year, their three working lives meet during a common collaboration with a Design Studio in Milan.
In 2008, they start working together on new projects combining their different skills and sensibilities.
New collaborations begin with manufacturing companies of different sectors, kitchen and bathroom faucets, tableware, kitchenware, cooktops and ovens, furniture for indoor and outdoor, etc…
During the following years their designs win international Design Contest and Design Awards:
- In 2007, 1st prize at the international design award “Playing Design” promoted by the city of Lissone in partnership with Triennale di Milano with the project “Culla Belly”
- In 2010, winners of the Zanotta Cristalplant Design Contest with the innovative coffee table “Naica“.
- In 2012, winners of the Poliform Cristalplant Design Contest with the dining table “Verve“.
- In 2014, selected by the jury of the “Young & Design 2014″ with the upholstered chair “Log“, designed for Pedrali.
- In 2017, winners of the fourth “ADI Ceramics & Bathroom Design Award” with the faucet collection “Italy” designed for Cristina Rubinetterie.
- In 2017, winners of the “Archiproducts Design Awards” with the faucet collection “Italy” designed for Cristina Rubinetterie.